26 Mar 2013
Business Development Manager
Job DescriptionNot Specified, Expedia
Business Development Manager
Job ID #: 22834
Company: Expedia Europe
Location: UK - London
Functional Area: Marketing
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Not Indicated
Experience Required: Not Indicated
Relocation Provided: To be determined
The Business Development manager of Expedia's Partner Marketing team will play a key role in helping shape and execute the strategy to grow Expedia's business in EMEA. You will be responsible for forming lasting commercials relationships as well as scoping and developing new growth opportunities for the business around affiliation based partnerships in the EMEA Region. You will be reporting into the Director, Online Partner Marketing EMEA.
You will need to know about all parts of the Expedia business, from marketing & supply to technology & site optimisation. You will constantly liaise with a number of people within various organisations, disciplines and positions. The Business Development Manager will leverage their broad understanding of Expedia strengths when pitching to win new partners. A positive, creative and collaborative approach to the role is key to success with the right attitude going a long way.
- Develop and execute the Partner Marketing team Business Development strategy in EMEA to ensure business success
- Understanding the online travel landscape in the key markets, including: scoping and identifying key business opportunities to target.
- Maintain a current pipeline of partnership prospects and opportunities across the EMEA portfolio
- Lead new and existing partnership negotiations, including: developing financial models, pitch decks, term sheets and finalizing contracts.
- Collaborate with our analytics and finance team on building business cases
- Work closely with the account management team in different regions to identify scalable and profitable business opportunities
- Assess market trends to help shape Partner Marketing strategy and product development roadmap
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree required; MBA preferred
- Fluency in French or German (additional languages will be a plus)
- 4+ years marketing, finance, or business development experience required
- E-commerce experience required; travel industry or financial institution experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience in managing a P&L
- Ability to build and manage a business development pipeline
- Demonstrated experience with negotiating partnership and online advertising agreements
- Experienced at building effective client relationships through positive communication, honesty and trust.
- Not intimidated by technical interaction. The successful candidate must enjoy problem solving and be unafraid of technical solutions to ensure successful launch of products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on approach and demonstrated ability to multi-task and think creatively
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Expected to travel, mainly in Europe, as business requires
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including experience with spreadsheet modelling and trend forecasting (superior Microsoft Excel skills a must)
- Excellent presentation skills, including superior Microsoft Powerpoint knowledge
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally)
- Strong problem solving skills combined with a high level of initiative
- Ability to operate independently and to define and achieve objectives with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate Expedia's value proposition to potential partners
- The ability to listen, priorities tasks, develop good work procedures
- Ability to respond appropriately to needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Capacity to understand and utilize metrics relevant to role
- Ability to express facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Excellent business acumen
- Ability to take direction, effectively lead projects and motivate others to achieve department/company goals
- A professional 'get it done' attitude and work ethic
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149, 000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit our website to learn more about our travel brands.
2 total views, 1 today